Thursday, July 19, 2007

And yet, I never listen to the news...

I hate watching the news. As much as they are informative with certain things they usually don't cover things that I would like to know about. Yes, I want to know about the accident that killed the poor 15 year old girl that was crossing a street (for God's sake, they really didn't see her in the middle of the friggin' day???)...but other things...ehhhhh...
Before I get off track- there was a news story the other night about people double and triple checking their travelers medical insurance. Apparently a lot of people are paying for insurance and it turns out they aren't covered for some reason or another if something happens. Fine print. Gotta love it. So I was watching the news story about the poor man and his family that went on vaca and one of his kids got hurt and the ER kept asking for insurance...long story short the man had to end up paying for everything out of pocket, which left them in super debt.
He mentioned a lot how he wished he had read the fine print on all the paperwork, because even the money he paid for the supposed insurance was non-refundable.
So, anyone taking vacations this year look into some short-term insurance, which they have individually or for full families...or even if you're going on a business trip there are even policies that cover corporate employees.
Me, being the nosey person I am started looking around for the agencies that cover travelers insurance, and this webite I've linked to has been one of the most informative and helpful sites I found. Easy to navigate, easy to understand their 'insurance talk'...look into it.

No comments: