Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Question:

I'm probalby putting myself so at risk by logging in at work, but I have to ask a question:
in your opinion do you think I should write from work? I mean, I'm not 100% sure they actually have taps on the computers...and I can't write from home anymore. Now that I'm working full time my evening are packed with everything I used to do during the day...cooking cleaning, making sure my kids still know who I am...
so if I write from work, that means no goodies from work. No mention of work whatsoever. Which sucks in my opinion because there are goodies. LOL!
Help me out, either write from work and it's mostly boring mundane stuff or write every other week or so and try to fill it with the goodies that bring the boys (and girls HAHAH) to the yard... or was that milkshakes? I forget...

5 comments:

Pam said...

Well, the company I work for has a division that focuses on internet security, and I can say from my personal experience and research that most companies rely on anti-virus software and some site-blocking. So if you can log into Blogger, you're probably okay. I would think that unless you spend a TON of time on it (and Blogger is a pretty low-risk site for picking up virus or other nasty things), you should be okay. Companies are usually more worried about online gambling or p0rn or other inappropriate things.

As a tip, to make sure I wasn't pinged for taking too much time on it when I was at work, I would compose my posts in Notepad or something, and then copy and paste them into the Blogger edit window so I had very little time on the site.

Anonymous said...

They can find out!

sourpatchbaby said...

as long as you post during your lunch hour, you should be okay. It is your personal time after all.

Mama of 2 said...

That's a tough call...since at my 2 previous jobs the first one was very lacks and I was able be online pretty much anytime that I wanted. That's not to say that I didn't get my job accomplished but I did spend a decent amount of time trolling the internet. At my other job the internet was policed like it was a concentration camp to the point that it was like having big brother watching. I wasn't able to blog at all. And honestly I missed the escape.

At my preschool job there isn't much online time but that's understandable. And no I don't blog as much as I once did but I am okay with that since come summer I will have as much time as I want to surf the net.

As for your question I would be cautious about being on line at your new job. I would catch out how others use the internet and what positions they are in before deciding if blogging from work is something you should or shouldn't be doing.

Maria said...

I would stick to lunch hour blogging. Just in case.