Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Santa



Little Man was in line saying "I will not be afraid..." over and over under his breath. Last year we couldn't even go near Santa, this year he made himself very brave. Baby Girl cried after the flash went off, the photographer was going to try to get a picture with her smiling...I laughed. "Hey, we GOT a picture this year, that makes me happy enough." Santa was very nice, he patiently listened as Little Man stuttered his way through his list, his nerves were getting the best of him, but he told Santa about the bed he wanted. And he threw in a Minnie Mouse bed in his request for his little sister. It was a god time.
BUT! We made a pit stop in Wal Mart afterward to get some diapers for the baby, and who is sitting right in front of the store welcoming everyone? Another Santa. Little Man looked up at me and asked me how he got there so fast. "Well, Baby, remember I told you about Santa's sleigh...it flies? Well, he can fly over the traffic that we have to stop in, so he can get anywhere fast." The Wal Mart Santa laughed, and Little Man got to take another (FREE! DAMMIT! I should have gone there for the picture!) picture with Santa. Baby Girl was asleep in the stroller, so she missed the second dose of St. Nick. This Santa thing gets a little hard to explain, how do parents do it for so long?

3 comments:

Yo-yo Mama said...

ah, the multi-santa dilemma.

I actually tell XBoy that the mall Santa that he tells his wish list to is the "real" Santa and b/c he's so busy listening to childrens' lists that he has helpers who dress up like Santa around town.

Especially helpful when some of those Santas look a little sketchy.

Diana said...

hey, that's a good story to tell them...

Rita said...

imagine my parents doing it for 20 years....
(they told my brother when he was 20, so... imagine...)
lol
awesome pics!