Sunday, October 07, 2007

I've entered a Free Raleigh, NC Getaway contest! Because I want to GET AWAY!

I have friends that moved to Charlotte, NC last year. They are constantly telling Daddy and me to go down there for a visit. We were scheduled to take the 9-hour drive for Memorial Day weekend (remember, Rebecca???) but Little Miss Diva came along and our trip was indefenitely postponed. I hate that we had to cancel the trip because they moved down there for .L. to go to graduate school, and .D. didn't want the long-distance relationship thing, so he went. They didn't know anyone down there, and were always calling us up-selling Charlotte so that we would move down with them. They would actually even call to tell us about deals they found on rentals near them. How funny, huh? (I love them for that, though.)
Anyhoo- seeing as how sometimes I have no time at all and other times I have too much damn time, I sometimes look in my Not-From-My-Address-Book mail. (I don't want to call it junk mail, because sometimes it isn't junk.)
And then I saw FREE Raleigh Getaway. Hmmmm. They have crazy deals on weekends getaways, including Fall Getaways, with special deals concerning a special event called Celtic Halloween which sounds fun. Included in this free getaway package is:
-One night accommodations for two at the Courtyard by Marriott Raleigh Crabtree Valley
-$25 gift certificate to Bloomsbury Bistro
-Free VIP admission for two to Rum Runners
-2 tickets to the North Carolina Theatre
-2 tickets to the N.C. Museum of Art’s Landscapes from the Age of Impressionism
-2 tickets to Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries at the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences


After I read this I thought 'How far is Raleigh from Charlotte???' HA! I would go for a week, do the getaway, then go spend some time with my dearies .L. and .D.
I signed up, you never know what you might actually win. Sign up, too if you'd like a weekend away!


1 comment:

Mama of 2 said...

Good Luck!

Sounds like a great trip. I hope you win it.