Monday, April 09, 2007

Closing Time...

*that's a song isn't it? I've been singing it since I left the office*
Anyway, Bossman pulled me into the office for The Meeting.
THE MEETING.
The "I'm closing the office" Meeting that I've been waiting for.
Except...
EXCEPT that I thought he would be telling me to go to the Other Office. EXCEPT that that's not what happened...turns out things are so bad that he can't even afford to pay me right now, because so many of the agents are doing NO turnover, making NO money...so that leaves 30 some odd agents all at The Other office to torture Head Admin...on her own.

*HUGE SIGH*
That's two things in two days, is tomorrow going to bring the third?

I think the only good thing is that I can collect Unemployment, I'm planning on calling them to see if they'll still pay me as I go to school. Closing Time happens at the end of the month, too late to sign up for Summer Classes, but maybe it can turn around in my favor and I'll still be able to attend somehow...

So now I wait.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, good hell...this sucks. I'm sorry. Hang in there...

I think you should go back to school absolutely. All those brains need to be used! I like your blog...so maybe journalism?

DD said...

Definitely check to see about the classes.

THE MEETINGS always suck.

Pam said...

Cripes. Sorry about the job - good luck with school.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Crossing my fingers...

sourpatchbaby said...

I'm sorry about the job. It's not too late to sign up for summer 1 or summer 2 classes. Registration is always up to the first day of class, sometimes later. Cheer up, this might me the best thing that happens to you.

Tuesday Girl said...

See about classes, that would be great.

I am so sorry, hang in there.

dennis said...

I agree with dd, check into the classes...
fingers crossed here too!