Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I had always wondered...

I had always wondered where the apartment building managers found their mailboxes for so many apartments. Then I found some commercial mailboxes and that was my answer right there. I mean, in NY where there are twenty-some odd floors of five or six apartments for each floor, that's a lot of mailboxes to have. It's funny, because the mailboxes in NY are a lot thinner, just to make room for all of them. Don't try to get a package sent, they'll leave it right on the floor for anyone to walk over.
What I never got to see was the type of mailboxes the single family and duplexes had. I can imagine they look like these residential mailboxes. Wherever we were, we were always around apartment buildings, never around pretty single family homes, so it's only now that we're starting to see people that get creative with their mailboxes, painting them to match their houses, having statues and such things.

No comments: