Friday, June 15, 2007

Too late for me to find this...

When I was still working at the office, My Prince had told me about a drunk driver taking his mailbox out one night. He was in a bit of a bind because where we live (in the city) it is rare to find one of those nice mailboxes you see outside at the end of people's driveways. All the Home D's here sell the type of mailbox that you stick (nail, whatever) to the side of your front door and call it a day. The thing is that I don't think My Prince wanted his mailman to walk a 5K just to get to his mailbox, seeing as how he has one of those driveways that go on forever. I never did find out if My Prince ever found a new mailbox...
Funny how today I saw these: residential column mailboxes, I bet a drunk driver wouldn't be able to wipe one of these out! I wish I could tell My Prince about it...but I haven't really spoken to anyone from the office since I left.
And it would have been nice if my boss had one of these commercial mailboxes, where each individual agent could have had their own box, then they wouldn't have been complaining to me if they didn't get their mail, it would have been the mailman's fault.
It's making me want to order a nice fancy mailbox for our house, so we could at least have something pretty there, seeing as how our bathroom ceiling is never going to be fixed and now I want something to compensate...even though a new bathroom ceiling would be preferred...
whatever.

No comments: