Saturday, June 07, 2008

Were we in hell today???

It's only the first week of June and today was the hottest HOTTEST day ever...
and we didn't even reach 100 like they did down south...

I went to run some errands with my mother and the kids for a couple hours and by the time we were done, we were all tired and cranky and HOT. For some reason, even though my car is the 'top model' Civic, it doesn't have air conditioning.
Did you read that part??? TOP MODEL- that's an EX - CIVIC WITH NO AC!!!
Yeah, we were dying. I came home with the kids, we all took a nice long nap, but when we woke up Little Man had a nasty scary asthma attack. I didn't leave the house for the rest of the day, canceling our plans to go to a cook-out at a friend's house. He's had to get pumped a few times already, and I gave him the nebulizer after his bath, and he is still breathing a little funny for my taste...I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. Daddy is so relaxed when it comes to the attacks, while I'm all frantic (but efficient I must say...I can now get them under control very quickly thank you very much!) The poor kid gets pukey when he gets attacks, and was dry heaving for a bit before the meds kicked in. I felt so bad cause I know he was hot and doesn't want to be feeling this way...

We had an appointment with the allergist this morning, our follow-up to the scratch test. "Keep giving him milk, but let's take the eggs away for three weeks and see if they may be the underlying cause of his eczema. That could be the allergic reaction they are giving him." So no eggs for him for a while. New appointment in August. Let's see...

1 comment:

sourpatchbaby said...

SS for that. I know just how you feel with the car with no A/C. Have you tried the Gentle Naturals brand of excema cream? It's the best. They sell it at Kmart and it has poo and his friends in the box. I use it for Ducky and it works wonders. They have the baby wash too.