Saturday, January 12, 2008

Break Time

The kids are sleeping at Grandma's tonight. Daddy and I want some alone time, so we may be going out. Even if we don't (since we still don't have any definite plans as of yet, and it's 9) we will still be home alone. We'll probably watch a movie we rented last night and never got to watch because one or both of the kids were fussing or being loud. People without children don't understand how needed this break is- people without children don't seem to understand that sometimes you need to be away from your children to maintain some sort of sanity. Tonight, Daddy and I needed this. I have this friend, we'll call her Flower, that I've been friends with since high school. One of the few real friends I have...you know the type that there is no such thing as arguments, no hard feelings over stupid stuff...well she's my sweetie. She is always offering to babysit one or the other of my rugrats and I always tell her I never want to bother her. I think I'm going to do a 'dry run' with the diva and see how she is with Flower, just so if Daddy and I decide to take this weekend get-away we're planning for Valentines Day I can leave the diva with her. Then my mother won't have to stay with both and go crazy.


My "After Holiday Celebration" (translation: we waited too long to make Christmas reservations and got stuck with a date that's too late to call a Holiday Party) for my job is coming up on the 26th. I'm debating whether or not to go...but there will be raffles and give-aways, and I hear that they aren't cheap with the give-aways so I might just go to see what I can win. Is that shallow of me? Oh, and the fact that it's at a fancy hotel where the food is semi-good and I know I won't starve...
I do need to find something to wear for this, as I was heavier last year and no fancy clothes in my closet fit me. Hmmm, shopping trip.

No comments: