Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's the damn mattress...

we figured out the reason my little diva is getting up so much at night. Her mattress (which used to be Little Man's, so I guess it's kind of old...) is bugging her. We had bought a water-proof semi-expensive mattress for Little Man, but we noticed it crinkled a lot when he moved around. Thinking back, maybe that's why he never wanted to sleep in it, either, because he called it quits for the crib around this same age...
What we did was fold a quilt down to the size of the crib and tucked it under so it would be like a cushion, and she has been sleeping. She still wakes up once to eat at about four, but she goes right back to sleep and stays asleep for the rest of the night without a peep.
So we're going to buy her a new mattress, because this crib is going to be turned into the toddler bed so we're at least going to use the mattress for a while. Any suggestions?
Which mattress did you use? Talk to me so don't go buy another shitty mattress...
And do they let you 'test drive' baby mattresses the way they do for big people mattresses??? Can we put her to sleep in the store and see how she does? LOL...

2 comments:

sourpatchbaby said...

I bought the El Cheapo mattress and The Kid is still going strong on it. Am not sure am a good help with this though, lol.

Oh, and about the sleep; if Little Man has a set naptime, try to lie down with diva at that same time too to get her to nap and give yourself some shuteye at the same time. It's the only way I haven't pulled all my hair out of my head.

Maria said...

Liv's mattresses, both in her crib and now in her twin bed were hand-me-downs and not in tip top shape. She was never a sound sleeper, no matter where she slept...she usually slept best with me, though. And I admit to many, many nights when I let her in my bed. My sisters kept telling me how I was spoiling her, but I didn't care. Still don't.