Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Spring?

Today the sun is shining brightly, it's too warm to be bundled up. The ice caps that have covered the pavement for a week are quickly melting away.

She was buried today.

I didn't go.

Miscommunication had me thinking it was going to be NEXT Wednesday for some reason, I don't know why. So now I didn't go when she was alive, and I didn't go to her burial.

I'll be there this weekend to be with my friend. Forget everything else around here.


So next week we're having a heat storm I bet...this crazy weather is kicking all our asses. Little Man has had a runny nose for two days, but nothing else so I'm waiting it out hoping it's just kooky sinuses or something. It's funny how I'm listening to the people in the radio give the weather report, they keep saying 'cloudy' and 'afternoon flurries' but I'm looking out the window and there is not one cloud in the sky and a lot more people are out jogging (avoiding the ice caps, of course.)
The Shitter hasn't spoken to me and I'm glad. I think he's even taken to using his own stapler for once. I hope he splurges and buys himself his own printer, then I'll really be in heaven.

2 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

Hey Diana,
You sound so funky. I am sorry that there was miscommunication about the funeral. I wish I could hug you and offer my real shoulder for support however I guess this computer one will have to do.

I hope The Shitter keeps his distance...if he knows what's good for him he will.

Maria said...

Weather forecasters like to wag our chains. I'm convinced of this. It is 50 degrees outside, everything is melting and they had to come and rain on my parade by saying that a big snow storm is coming this weekend.

No. I won't have it. I wore a JACKET today and I am not wearing my parka again unless I absolutely have to!

So sorry about the miscommunication.