Thursday, February 23, 2006

Another angel lost...

That's the picture. Here is the story. I don't know what to say. It's horrible. But don't people normally stop when they hear sirens?

***UPDATE: Here is the story printed in today's (2/24/06) paper. Her mother worked for the police dept. so you would think she would understand the concept of sirens. I am not placing blame on her, I'm just confused over the common sense of it all. This happened just ten minutes from where I live. I'm sorry her baby is gone...

4 comments:

JayMonster said...

I wish I could make a poster of this, and hand it to each and every idiot that no longer yields, pulls over, trys to make a quick turn in front of a fire engine, police car, Ambulance, etc.

I have had times, where I pulled to the side of the road to allow an ambulance to pass, only to have the dumbass behind me, GO AROUND ME, and at the same time slow down the ambulance.

This common courtesy has been all but lost by a world that is in too much of a freakin' hurry for their own good.

Octobermom said...

I know that double-sided feeling of feeling bad for her loss and wanting to shake the sh*t out of her for her stupidity.

A few months ago in my neighborhood someone's 3 year old son was mauled to near-death by their pitt bull. I felt horrible for that baby and the idea of seeing your child's head in a dog's mouth is more than I can handle. But let's see here... you have a 35 pound toddler and a 150Lb dog of a breed that's a notorious killer all under the same roof. How does that make any sense?

MOM IS NUTZ said...

That is so sad. I ALWAYS pull over, for my sake and the sake of the injured or whomever needs the assistance. I would like you to know I've added you to my blogroll and made a post about the two of us...lol

AJW5403 said...

That is just so sad. I wish I knew why children had to die.