Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I fear her vacation time...

Vacation time for Head Admin is coming sometime this month. If she doesn't use it up by January, she loses it, since she was hired when the company opened four Januaries ago. (Or is it five, now?) Whatever- the point is- when I was taken from my safe-haven office to The Other Office Head Admin was teaching me Quickbooks, so that if any agents sold any properties while she was gone I could cut checks for them and take care of our finances.
She showed me the basics but can I tell you that I'm scared shitless for when she does go (even though she isn't going away she is just a phone call away...) because I think I'm going to screw something up. Before she took the Quickbooks course, Bossman used to have some outside company do our books, and they used to charge him an arm and a leg so he smartened up (cheapened up) and had Head Admin learn the books. I know it would be stupid to ask or suggest, but I wish I could tell him to temporarily hire a small business payroll expert to do the books while she is gone. On this website, there are people who do your books for you on a monthly basis and charge depending on how many employees you have. Or he could have them on for the end of the year, and they can do the W-2's so we won't have to do them. (Yup, we do the agent's tax forms, it's nice seeing how many of them are bringing home in a year what I don't see in five.) I wonder if they would work for my boss for just two weeks? Then I won't feel like an asshole of the accounts don't balance, and they would actually know what they are doing. I know it's a learning process with the books, and practice makes perfect, but my paranoia of showing my boss my incompetence is making me wish Head Admin didn't have to take her vaca time. How selfish of me. Even though right now the market is (STILL) slow that I don't think I would even have to do much with the accounts...I don't know. I still say he should hire someone temporarily so nothing gets effed up by me... Fired
Hell, he should look inot hiring an outside business to do the books just for the fact that they provide the company with free direct deposit. I need direct deposit, and he says it would be too expensive to set up right now...I'm going to have to talk to the bossman about this...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does bossman know how to do Quickbooks? Because, you know. If by some miracle (knock on wood) a house gets sold while Head Adm is away, you could ask him to "show you" how to do it. You can say that Head Adm showed you once, weeks ago how to do it but since you didn't get to do it at all since then, you forgot. Just a thought.

Diana said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's a good one SPB-
joking. Bossman might know how to do it, but for him to sit and show me something...hmmm I don't know about that one. He's one of those bosses that wants something done before he finishes his sentence.

dennis said...

Sooooo, with stoopid and asshole working on selling houses, is there reaaaaly anything to fear??