Thursday, November 10, 2005

Nyquil

Nyquil- the sniffling, sneezing, stuffy head, sore throat, coughing medicine so you could SHUT THE FUCK UP and let your wife sleep! medicine.
THAT is what the commercial should really say.
I'm glad Daddy has a great sense of humor- it's about four 0'clock when I give him some Nyquil- I turn to him and say "Now shut the fuck up I need some sleep." and we laugh. At four in the morning. It wasn't funny about five minutes later when the baby woke up and didn't want to go back to sleep. It wasn't funny an hour later when I was still trying to get the baby to sleep. It really wasn't funny when I finally woke up to see I was already late for my (usually rushed anyway) morning routine, got to work late and my boss was sitting at my desk. Wait- i have to say that part again. My BOSS was sitting at. my. desk.
Any other day he isn't in the office, you know, when i'm on time. But today I'm late and he's waiting for me. I felt like such an ass. And of course he probably thought it was bullshit when I told him I was up all night with a sick Daddy and a fussy baby.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yeah, I knew the "honeymoon" was over when I turned to my husband and said "Your loud breathing is keeping me awake!"

We went from "let's go to Bed together Honey" to
"You breathe too LOUD!"