Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend-Friday (Photo added)

I'm going to have to do this in parts, by day. Because my head still hurts and I can't breathe, so that's how it will go.
Friday Daddy comes home with a LOOK on his face. "I have something to show you." Uh-oh, what the hell is going on??? He takes the cell phone out of his pocket and I've already got this adrenaline thing going on, because when he has a LOOK, it's got to be serious. He starts fiddling with the phone, obviously searching for something. He hands the phone to me, and I see a picture of someone with the biggest blackest eye I have ever seen. I can't even tell who the person is.
Here is what happened: Daddy's sister's husband's grandfather lives with my SIL's MIL (his daughter) because he has Alzheimer's. His wife is already old and can't really take care of him so they both live in an In-Law apartment she (my SIL's MIL, we'll call her N.) fixed up for them. He (we'll call him Grampa since I don't have any living grandparents and don't speak of them anyway) has a tendency to walk off when no one is looking and gets lost because he can't remember where he is or where he lives...it's a sad sad thing. So on Thursday one of his other daughters wanted him to come over to her house and spend time with her and her family. He ended up spending the night, but at six a.m when his daughter woke up she realized Grampa was missing. All hell broke loose, the police were called and the search began. They found him hours later, walking down a side street in his pajama pants and a t-shirt full of blood. Someone punched him in the face numerous times while he was walking, that's all they could get out of him. (I'm already crying again I can't even think about this without tearing up) His eye was- IS- so swollen you can't even tell it's him. Who the hell would do such a thing? To an old man walking down a street? An old man who is so sweet and caring, even in his state he is the most lovable man around...especially in his state, because how can you not love a man who tells you every five minutes how beautiful you are? (He did that to me last summer) Who walks around giving kids quarters so they can go to the store and get goodies. A man who built his family a home with his own two hands and supported his many many children for years and now can't even remember your name even though you just told him...WHO COULD DO THAT??? How cold hearted do you really have to be?
He and his wife were put into a nursing home on Saturady morning. We know he will get better care there, but to his daughter, who has been taking care of both of them for years it is the biggest heartbreak she has ever gone through. No one wants to see their parents in a nursing home, but she know it's better for them.
I just can't even imagine who the hell would do something like that? How threatening could he have looked walking around in pajama pants and a fucking t-shirt?
I'm done for now. Hopefully I can squeeze Saturday in today, if not, then I'll be here tomorrow. I uploaded the picture Daddy showed me. I can't even look at it anymore, I may take it down.

4 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

I don't even know what to say. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. I think of my own grandparents (now both passed away) and can't imagine anyone doing that to one of them.

My heart breaks for all of you and please feel the cyber hugs coming your way.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope they can find the horrible person or people that did this to your grandfather. My heart goes out to you and your family.

SuperMom said...

I feel physically ill reading that. It makes me angry and sad at once.

I feel for him and his daughter.

JayMonster said...

That is just plain aweful. You are asking the wrong question however. Somebody did this to him, not because he was threatening, but because he was so NON-threatening. Some kids probably tried to rob him, and being he had no money (because who keeps their wallet in their pajamas), they got their "kicks" through this horrible act.

*$*%)*(^&$ Them. May they rot in hell.