Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sometimes they don't make me angry...

They just make me laugh at myself:

Good morning, company name here, how can I help you?
Yeah, agent who is not in the office, please.
I'm sorry, he's not in the office right now would you like his voicemail?
Is there another number I can reach him at? (*Exactly how he said it*)
I can give you this number: blah blah blah.
I'm sorry I didn't have a pen ready. Can you repeat that?
Sure. blah blah blah.
Thank you. One more thing, is he an orphan?
Tires screeching in my head. What the hell did he just ask me????
Excuse me?
(slower) Is he in often?

I need to get my hearing checked...I've been living in this state for years and I still hear things wrong when they speak too fast...
***Did you know that "D'jeet?" translates into "Did you eat?" Yeah, it took me a while to get that one. Go ahead, say it out loud, you'll get a kick out of it.***

11 comments:

Dawn said...

I feel you should have sounded sad and said "Why Yes, he Is an orphan"

That's a real conversation ender..

Diana said...

Dawn-LOL!!!!

Jen said...

We used to have "Getchyown" for dinner when I was little. Translated to "Get your own".

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL!

I think people need to take the marbles out of their mouths before they make a phone call :)

AJW5403 said...

LOL that is so funny. I would have had to laught if that is what I thought they had said.

SuperMom said...

Wow. Sounds familiar. Wonder if you and I are in the same state?

I'll never tell :-)

Mama of 2 said...

I'll have to ask my sister for all of her strange phrases that translate to something completely different than what you hear.

She's now a transplant to Charleston, SC for 6 years now.

JayMonster said...

One year, I went to visit a friend that went to school up around Mt. Snow Vermont. We were hanging out with some of her friends one evening and I suggested that since it was dinner time perhaps we should "order a couple of Pies."

Nobody (but my friend) was also from New Jersey, and nobody hand any idea why I would want to order "desserts" for dinner. I had no idea, that outside of the NY/NJ/CT Metro area that you have to actually specify "Pizza"

Diana said...

oh my God, Jay you just reminded me:
A couple weeks ago I was in the office (big surprise) and one of the agents was ordering lunch. I heard him order "a small roni." I'm thinking it was macaroni or something-turns out he ordered a pepperoni pizza. And they knew what he was asking for! I've never heard that!

Diana said...

pies, I know. I lived in NYC for a looong time. Even though my years here are starting to overcome those years there...oy.

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree w/Dawns comment, that would have been hilarious...unless he is of course an orphan.