Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Like I said, the world is funny...

Daddy washed the dishes last night for like the second time since we've moved into this house. Eternally grateful was I, since I just sat on the couch and watched (wait for it....)
Speed TV. (Dennis, did you already guess that one?)
Turns out Daddy felt like making me a cake.
It's not my birthday.
It's not our anniversary.
He was disappointed in the nasty cake his BIL (Slow Bastard) had made New Year's Eve, and it left him wanting a good cake. But he used me as the excuse. I believe he said something along the lines of "I know you didn't like the cake Slow Bastard made so I'll make you one of mine." Daddy can make some awesome cakes. Never have I seen him measure anything but the cake comes out so. fucking. good it brings tears to my eyes.
During commercials I would go into the kitchen and wash up whatever he didn't need anymore (hey, it's still MY kitchen. I would feel worthless if I didn't wash something.)
At some point Googlio and Skinny Bitch decided they would 'stop by' and they ended up leaving to get some frosting to put on the cake, because it magically became Everyone's Cake. Skinny Bitch brought vanilla-flavored PINK frosting with SPRINKLES. And because she is pregnant, no one said a word.
I woke up this morning to find a huge pile of dishes in my sink.
It'll be another ten months before Daddy washes dishes in there again, so I know what I'll be doing when I get home tonight...
but damn that cake was good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanilla flavored pink frosting...hmmmm.

Anyway- happy 2007!

Tuesday Girl said...

I like anything pink!

Anonymous said...

He bakes?

I consider baking warming stuff in the microwave.

Diana said...

kristen-it was actually good.
tues- I know you do!
melissa-i've been nlessed but he only does it like once or twice a year. when I was pregnant i had him make me like a cake a month, though. he hated me.
tony-hey, if they can come up with microwave pizza they will soon come up with microwave cake. wait for it.