Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Snowman"

Little Man doesn't call it snow, it's snowman. He got it from the books he got for Christmas that have all these snowy scenes with talking snowmen that we had yet to see until yesterday. (The snowy scenes, not the talking snowmen.)
It finally snowed here, not even a lot, but enough to get him all excited and point at it every possible second. All you hear from the back seat is "Mommy! Look! Snowman!" and "Mommy! Snowman on the cars!" "Mommy! We play with snowman?"
This morning, nice and sunny, melting the snow away. Little Man didn't have to wear his snow boots to school today, and when we stepped outside to leave he looked down and said "Daddy, snowman all gone?"
Poor kid is heartbroken.
We didn't get to my mother's house, because my tires are bald and driving in the snowman is very unsafe, so we settled on talking to her on the phone. She's as anxious to see him as he is to see her. Puppy love, I tell you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww. He sounds like such a sweet little man. I gotta meet that kid!

Anonymous said...

It hardly ever snows here either. My son (3 1/2) told me it was snowing a few months ago, and I told him it wasn't. Upon further investigation (magnifying glass?!), I noticed he was right. He then asked me if he could put on a shirt (he was in pj bottoms) and go outside so we could make a snowman!
They deserve a good snow every once in a while! Too bad I hate it so much!!