Monday, January 29, 2007

Rebellious Ear!

Right before lunchtime on Friday Daddy called me.
"Daycare called."

*GROAN*
What now?
Back to the doctor, boy is running a fever again.

Doc: He seems to have built up a resistance to the antibiotic, his right ear is all healed, but the left ear is still infected.

That's my boy, rebelling early.

New antibiotic, Zithromax this time. Stronger, Longer lasting! Once a day for five days. The boy is sick and tired of taking meds already, he runs from me. He cries so hard he almost throws up, which stops me from giving him the meds because what's the point of giving it to him if he's going to puke 'em on me? So I wait till he calms down, just to make him cry again. Then comes the wrestling match, Daddy holding him down, me trying to squeeze his mouth open (he holds it shut pretty strong!) and him trying to spit the meds back at me. Ah, fun.
Today, back to work, tentatively. Every time the phone rings I think it's the daycare, or Daddy (who by the way woke up this morning with a niiiice fever and sore throat) and I really don't want to pick up the phone.
As for me- the hacking cough is back. Nothing comes up, but I can't speak for too long, I run out of air and start to cough for twenty minutes. More fun. We're just a nice petri dish at my house, wanna come over?

6 comments:

Tuesday Girl said...

Make yourself some tea and I hope you all feel better soon!

dennis said...

oooooh, that is rough!

Hope mama and imp feel better soon!

Unknown said...

I hope your cough goes away soon- I hate having that uncontrollable cough. I agree- tea is one of the only things that ever helps me- with lemon and honey!

And it's a good thing the z pack is only a 5 day-er so you'll only have to do this for 4 more days, right?

Diana said...

tues- on the hunt for tea during lunch.
dennis- thanks.
kristen- well, two more since he started them on sat. but add that to the 8 he already spent on amoxycilin and it's just a nightmare for the kid. This sucks.

Mama of 2 said...

Girlie Girlie had a rebellious ear last year this time. Thankfully it's been the one and only ear infection she's had (knocking on wood). It took 3 different antibotics to finally be rid of it. Amoxocillian, Augmentin and finally Omnicef that one did the trick.

Sorry to hear the rest of the family is also suffering with one aliment or another. I agree about the hot tea. It always does me good too. My favorite is green tea with lemon and ginseng.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could help you, babe!

My kids have also had this lingering cold thing going on - can't seem to shake it completely.

And those ear infections are nasty - I remember crying when I had them as a kid. I hope it all passes asap.

XOXO