Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My car sucks ass

My car has never given us a problem. Except for the whole gas-guzzling thing, I've never complained. Now the transmission is going. Because I don't have enough shit going on right now- where we still only have ONE car, so if this one breaks down we are screwed.
And the goddamn apartment still isn't done, but this post is not about that.
Back to the car- Yesterday when I got out of work, I did what I do everyday, I turned on the car and sat. It's colder than a mofo out there, I need some heat to drive. It was raining just a bit, which was fine because that meant the snow was leaving just as fast as it came, so I turned on my wipers and one went flying off the car. Did you hear me? A WIPER WENT FLYING OFF THE CAR. Thank God I wasn't driving because I would have probably panicked and crashed. I got out the car and picked my wiper up out of the nice puddle it fell in and with frozen fingers put it back on its...thingie. (What's the name of the thing the wiper goes on?) Problem solved. Easy. So the car warmed up, I got some heat and I started to drive to the sitter's.
Then the light started flashing.
Wait a minute, that light isn't supposed to be flashing...
It's the "sport" light, same as overdrive- which I never use and is not supposed to turn on unless you click the button. So I click the button thinking maybe I hit it by accident. But why would it be flashing, if I hit the button it should be solid... nothing. The light keeps flashing. Well, the car is driving fine, I'll just take it easy till I get to the sitter's and call Daddy.
The phonecall didn't bring me good news. Apparently the transmission is on its way out, and it couldn't be at a better time. My sister had changed the trasmission on this car not two years ago it shouldn't be doing this. So now my income tax money is most likely going to have to get me another junker, I'm just hoping my car last until then. I'm not going to bother fixing the tranny-if it's doing this two years after it got a new one there is obviously something bigger going on and I'm not going to spend a million dollars fixing it when I can just get something else. Something more reliable.
I really think I'm being punished for something I did in a past life. How can I redeem myself and be forgiven by the cosmos?
Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas

No comments: