Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A question about poop

Why is it that after drinking juice my son's bowel's loosen??? Any juice! He can eat the fruit fine, but give him a juice, any amount- be it 4 oz. or 8 oz. or just 1 oz. and the poor kid's got the runs. Does this happen to anyone else's child? And it only happens in the diaper right after the juice.... I know it's not an allergy, but his next appt. is not till February and I'm not concerned enough to call the doc. before then. Just wondering.....
Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Well, it could be the sugar in teh juice. It isn't an allergy so much as the child's inability to process sugar through his intestines.

That's why they give young children Karo syrup for constipation. Stimulates the gut.

And now I must apologize for knowing the answer to this. It's all those damn kids I helped to raise in the child care....

And , please feel free to link to me - in response to your question yesterday.

Diana said...

Thanks Dawn, at least I know it's not something bad. It's good to know the answers sometimes, for when dumb people like me decide to procreate!!!!