Friday, October 27, 2006

A decision has been made

*DEEP BREATH*
Are you ready?

I'm going back to school.

*YAY* Clap, clap, clap, cheer, cheer, cheer...

Okay, so not technically going back in the physical sense, but I'm going to sign up for some on-line courses. The college my mother works for offers several courses I can take from 'home' (work, in my case) and I don't even have to show up in person to take the exams, I do those on-line, too. The thing I'm rather nervous about is if I'm busy at the office and I don't finish an assignment by the deadline they give me, and I still haven't put the internet on at home...I'll start panicking. I'm going to have to find a way to put the internet on at home, I have a computer all ready to go it's just the COST of internet. The cheapest for high-speed here is about $45. I've been told not to even bother with dial-up...
I don't know.
But whatever, I was talking to Head Admin and she is actually taking an on-line course on Excel Spreadsheets right now (good info for us to know here in the office) and she does her 'homework' here in the office when it's slow or when the bossman isn't around to see. She told me since I'm usually alone at My Office I should do it, it would get me some college credits that I need and prepare me if I ever need to find another job. (Is that a hint? LOL.) I'm also worried about Stoopid's nosey ass, if she would be searching my desk (which I swear she does) and she would find evidence that I'm using 'company time' to do other things not-company-related she would rat me out. Or the Shitter who is always trying to see what I'm doing on my screen. Those two are the only ones I'm worried about.
Well, I get the course book on Monday to see what courses I might be interested in and see if I'm going to start in mid-November...
Let's see.

6 comments:

Pam said...

I loved-loved-LOVED taking classes online (I did it for my graduate work). We did it in more of a "meet once a week in a chat room" sort of class, but would have loved self-paced stuff more. Garrett's done some online self-paced stuff like Excel, Word, etc, and he's like the format, too.

Good luck with it! Post if you need help with your homework. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That sounds great.

Octobermom said...

Congratulations! I finished my Bachelor's degree (more than half of it) completely on-line. It was hard but there was no way I could take more time away from my kids than I already was.

The hardest part was actually getting started so CONGRATULATIONS!

Mama of 2 said...

Good luck with the school thing. It's great for you and I hope you find classes that you are interested in and that help you expand your resume in case you ever do need to find a different job.

Diana said...

Thanks guys!
*feeling the love*
The course book should be arriving at my office today or tomorrow, and I will let you know which classes are going to be picked!
Head Admin is taking an Excel class right now, and she'll be doing Publisher right after...I figure I'll be a copy cat and follow along, doing things that could help me *just in case* I need another office job.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Wow! How cool!!!