Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Will I be STUCK forever?

So the costume has been brought out of the closet and hung out in the open, waiting anxiously to be worn by my excited son tonight.
As I was taking it out of the closet I wondered how long exactly I'm going to be stuck in this world...I thought he had gotten over "Lala", or at least pushed him off to the side so he wouldn't consume every conversation and every DVD/VHS we watch at home, but it seems that since we got the costume, heeeeeeeeee's baaaaaack!
I wake up in the morning to my son pointing towards the living room saying "lala! Melmo!". I get dressed in the morning to the boy riding my ankles holding one of his tapes or dvds asking me to put it in for him. (Thank you Daylight Savings Time, now my son wakes up when I do. Tongue Out )

So it's coming to the time when my son will inevitably the the new TMX Elmo on t.v....and I will be hearing more "Melmo!" in my house.
Don't get me wrong, I think the little guy is cute just like the next person, but I know it's going to be such a hit like the Tickle Me Elmo, it's not even going to last one milisecond on the shelves. Who knows if the store employees will even be able to get them out of the boxes in an attempt to get them on the shelves. Can you picture it? The waiting outside the stores? The hundreds of Mommies and two or three Daddies causing a stampede as soon as the doors to the store open? The laughter and technology is much better this time around, so kids are going to want to keep making him laugh, just to see him bend over and fall down from laughing so hard...
I don't know. I'm still trying to keep him away from the t.v.....





No comments: