Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm taking FUUUULL credit, thankyouverymuch!

Yesterday after work, Daddy went to go help Choo with a job (on a car) so it was just me and the little guy at home. I haven't been feeling very well (again) so I wasn't hungry, I made some Mac&Cheese for him and let him eat it on my bed.
After his dinner he got his bath and he laid next to me, stroking my hair. Or tangling it, whatever. None of his books were around and you know I didn't feel like getting up, so Hey! Let's sing the alphabet! He makes it up to E before just sitting there, eagerly waiting for me to get to the part where I say "next time, Little Man, sing with me." He dissolves into giggles hearing his name in the song and makes me start all over.
What I'm taking full credit for is the new counting he can do all by himself. My boy can count to five without hesitation. I know there are kids out there that have been counting to ten since they came out the womb, but let me enjoy this. I always count steps, cups, plates, anything that I do during the day that can be counted. And last night he did it by himself. I was so happy.
He fell asleep before Daddy got home, so we couldn't share this awesome new thing with him, and of course he refused to do it this morning. But I know he did it. And I couldn't feel more elated...I remember feeling this way when he said his first word and took his first steps...
*sigh*
Growing up....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! He's too cute for words. Our beebees are growing up! I guess it's time for number 2.....

Tuesday Girl said...

That is how kids learn from repetition from their parents.
Sounds like a smart kid!