Wednesday, July 12, 2006

D'Oh!

Blonde Moment Number 1,936,964: I left my purse at work yesterday.*
This morning I realized my car was in the red zone in need of gas. Hmmm...I found TWO DOLLARS in my ashtray (or should I call it my change tray?) and a bunch of pennies. I have to get Daddy to work and Little Man to my sister's house and then bring my self to work...

Took Daddy to work, still in the red zone. Stopped at the gas station next to his job, got my two bucks and Little Man out of the car. Get to the counter and ask the guy if he wants to laugh. He smiles. I hand him the two dollars and tell him about my purse. "This should get me to the sitters and to work, right?" He smiles again and nods. I sigh. Picture how much my needle moved putting two dollars worth of gas when a gallon costs $3.05 at that station...

Hell, I made it to work.

*I am the keeper of the money in this family. Daddy would spend it on car stuff and car magazines. So I'm "The Responsible One" when it comes to our money, our debit card, our checks...you know I'm not going to hear the end of this one, right? LOL. Oops.





2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh I've done that before!! I remember once using my debit card...turned out..it only hat 71 cents in it so the pump turned off...but not before it had let me pump up to $2.54. So there I was in the parking lot for about 15 minutes digging under my seats for enough change to pay. Of course I was in highschool then and didn't know any better!! (Like keeping my eye on my balance in the bank!)

JayMonster said...

Having been one to roll pennies to get some gas, I can certainly relate.