Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fashion...?

Kristen over at Mommy Does It All just wrote about what people are calling fashion these days. Seriously, she hit the nail on the head when she said that these "fashion designers" are making clothes for the anorexic-looking models, instead of shapely women.
I CANNOT WEAR SKINNY JEANS! I've got thighs, and an ASS!
I CANNOT WEAR LEGGINGS! Even under a skirt or dress. (I really am not a big fan of that look to begin with...make up your damn mind!)
She asked if we would be wearing leg-warmers and hammer pants again, too? Really, how long before someone thinks it's a good idea...
But wait, I had to add...what about tight-rolled jeans?

4 comments:

dennis said...

ummm, tight rolled pants?

I understand the other fashion trends that you described...

But being a guy I enjoyed blue jeans until my 25th birthday and then got hitched. The wife introduced me to slacks (dress and casual) and shoes that were not black.

However, my current career allows me to wear jeans and boots again...

I guess if you wait long enough, all fashion trends will tend to reappear.

Unknown said...

LOL! I forgot about those tight rolled pants!!! My sister used to show me how to get them rolled up perfectly! LOL.

Pam said...

Okay, I totally had to relive the tight-rolled pants last weekend as the pants to the suit I was wearing were too long and I got tired of tripping over them. Between the wedding ceremony and reception I was attending, I tight-rolled those bad boys within an inch of their life. Gah- I'm so ashamed!

Tricia said...

First off, let me say that I just found your blog - and I LOVE IT.

Secondly, ITA about the jeans. I don't wear "mom jeans," but I DO love to wear my boot cut jeans -- and I would not be caught dead in those straight legged pants - not everyone starves themselves (i.e. Sienna Miller, Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Ritchie.)

I keep telling myself - "This to shall pass."