Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Oh the possibilities!

I was talking with my girl Supermom in NY, okay not talking but e-mailing...whatever...and she asked me what I would do if I won the lottery. She mentioned this new show on NBC "Windfall".
It's about some twenty people that won the lottery and the different reactions they had and different ways they decided to spend the money. I couldn't even begin to answer. So we decided to ask everyone: WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY? Fun part: either answer in the comments or post it on your page and link back to us in the comments so we can all read each other's answers.
My answer: First off- I would pay off all my credit cards that went to hell the day I got fired for being pregnant. I would buy my mother and sister a house and a brand new car for each of them. I would buy Daddy, Little Man and me a new house as well. I would take care of my mother's and sister's credit issues. I would donate money to the Cancer Society and the AIDS Foundation because these are two issues we need to help with on a regular basis. I probably wouldn't have any money left after that.
I'm writing on my calendar to watch that show tomorrow night, because it sounds it will be an interesting watch. (If anyone has seen the show, let me know-is it good? Are you hooked?) I hear Luke Perry is on it, and I don't know about you ladies but I had a huuuuuge crush on him in 90210. I think I was drawn to the Bad Boy image he portrayed. (Lynanne-there goes one of my celebrity crushes you were talking about the other day!) If anyone else would like to join me in watching the show tomorrow night, let me know. We can probably discuss it here.
Do you guys see how much I've been posting today? Can you tell the office is dead today? I know you guys don't mind...especially if you're on the East Coast with this crappy weather we're having today.

2 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

I'm a WIndfall junkie. I am so enjoying the show. The concept of it is wonderful and the stories are interesting. And it doesn't hurt to have Luke Perry and Jason Gedrick on my screen.

But really I am liking the show -- so let me know what you think of it.

As for what would I do if I won the Lottery --
Same as you I would most definitely pay off all of my bills and those of my parents as well.
There would be a new house (old style farm house with all the modern amenities) for the family as well a 2 new vehicles in the driveway.
I would give a hefty chunk of it to St. Jude's Hospital as well as The American Cancer Society.
I would tuck enough away for us to live comfortably and I would definitely not be working anymore.
Who knows I might actually fulfill my dream of becoming a published author.

Diana said...

Mamaof2- i will let you know tomorrow how I liked the show. I've got my alarm ready for 8 tonight!
You both have good things you would do with the money. We should start playing the lottery, huh?