Monday, July 17, 2006

Sometimes you can't find the right words...

I was perusing the internet for quotes on Saturday (instead of blogging! THE HORROR!) in need of something wonderful to put in a friend's birthday card. (Just saying Happy Birthday is not enough!) I haven't seen her in a few years (as is the case with most of my old friends. But this one had moved to Oregon to live with her boyfriend, so it's not like I just stopped calling...anyway...) Now, I should go into some kind of agreement with Google, because they are the most wonderful search engine, they should pay me to advertise for them...
Back to the point, I found this website called Online Discount Mart where they have a huge selection of quotes that you can use for greeting cards, speeches, to use to make inscriptions on gifts...and I started reading their quotes...and I couldn't decide which one to use for her card because I liked so many. (I ended up using "You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake." ~Bob Hope. Hehehe)
Being the sap that I am I started reading the Love Quotes, thinking maybe I can get Daddy a nice card "just because"... and I'm going to share the quote I'm going to use for his "just because" card. Are you ready?
"Grow old with me. The best is yet to be."~Robert Browning.
Sappy Sigh.
I love it, what do you think?
Yeah, I'm a dork! I will be the first to admit it.

No comments: