Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What NOW???

My mother just called me.
"I went to the doctor again because I had a funny taste in my mouth that wouldn't go away. They tested my urine and now I have to go to the ER again. I think they found protein, but they won't say yet."
She only has one kidney.
So if this one fails her, then what?
Can I give her one of mine?

**Edited to add- I just talked to her. It's 4 p.m, she is still waiting in the ER for her docs to attend to her. (I hate ER's, you could die waiting in a chair and they don't give a shit.) Anyway, she told me they said something about her pottasium levels being too high, which is bad for the kidneys. After more tests I'm sure she is going to end up on another IV. Thank you for your well-wishes. I would totally give her one of my kidneys if we matched up, if it came to that. Will update as soon as I hear something.


Jen said...

OH dear!!! I hope everything is okay!!!

Mama of 2 said...

Oh Diana...what's going on? I hope that it's nothing to do with your mom's one remaining kidney.

I'm sure if you were compatitable you could offer her one of yours that's a great scarifice on your part. I hope that it wouldn't have to come to that.

Let us know hon.

Kristen said...

I hope everything is okay. I'd give my mom a kidney too- I don't care if it would shorten my life or not. A mom's a mom.