Friday, March 10, 2006

For your enjoyment- some time wasters!

  • Funny joke- got it at this site. A man called home to his wife and said, "Honey I have been asked to go fishing up in Canada with my boss & several of his friends. We'll be gone for a week. This is a good opportunity for me to get that promotion I've been wanting, so could you please pack enough clothes for a week and set out my rod and fishing box? We're leaving from the office & I will swing by the house to pick my things up" "Oh! Please pack my new blue silk pajamas." The wife thinks this sounds a bit fishy but being the good wife she is, did exactly what her husband asked. The following weekend he came home a little tired but otherwise looking good. The wife welcomed him home and asked if he caught many fish? He said, "Yes! Lots of Salmon, some Bluegill, and a few Swordfish .But why didn't you pack my new blue silk pajamas like I asked you to do?"
    The wife replied, "I did. They're in your fishing box."
  • Latteman, think you can make this cake for your wife? (I know you said she quit the soda...but...I'm sure she wouldn't mind. (It really is a cake...)

  • This game is slightly entertaining...a time waster indeed...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cake? For real?

That is amazing.

JayMonster said...

Although I could make the cake (it is actually quite easy), my wife isn't a fan of fondant (which is the type of icing used to make this).

Of course I wonder either 1. where this cake was made or 2. WHEN it was made as when was the last time you saw a pull top like that on a soda can (snicker).

Diana said...

Fondant? I'm afraid to ask what it tastes like, it sounds like a glue!

JayMonster said...

Fondant is a smooth sweet confection that is most often seen (in the U.S. anyway) on Wedding Cakes.

Unlike "icings", Fondant is the consistency of Play-Doh. That makes it easy to roll, spread out, shape, color, paint (as they did with the Diet Coke Can, presumably using food coloring as "paint").

It is far more popular on cakes in Europe than in the U.S. Even wedding cakes, in many instances, they will remove the fondant before cutting and serving the cake.

So there, more than you ever wanted to know about fondant.