Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Addiction

Raise .S. (from the foot picture) has an obsession with internet poker. He is a huge fan of Texas Hold 'Em, whereas I, for the life of me, can't play the game. Give me the cheesy video poker on my cell anytime, at least I'm not playing against real people...
Anyway we spent a little while at their house the other day (too much time if it ended up with me drawing on his feet!) and before I could kick him off his computer he was playing Texas. Are there any other fans of this game out there? I admit I wasn't paying too much attention, but he was all into it. I think it was a good forty five minutes before I got his attention. He's all excited that he made some cash online and I lectured him about gambling. Yep, I'm a total MOMMY. Now, i have a short attention span, could this be why I can't play the game? He seemed to be concentrating awfully hard. Obviously I know you have to concentrate, but I can't even sit through a whole DVD without getting up to do five other things. Multi-tasker at heart, that's me. His wife .K. tells me between the poker and car sites, she doesn't get time on the computer until he is at work. I know when I put my computer up at home (it's still sitting in the damn box. shoot me) Daddy will probably be up all night looking at car sites, I don't think he would be all on the poker sites. Hey, i guess it's better than 'girl' sites, right???
I should take a Texas Hold 'Em tutorial and see if I can beat .S. at his own game. We could play for quarters...


***Scroll down, there are new pics of the boy down there somewhere!***


3 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

I played a little too much "Texas" over a year ago.
Never played online for real cash though. I'm too cheap for that. I would rather buy an iPod.

dennis said...

I went on a 'fathers' only campout with the local SAHD group and was more or less forced to play the game.

Apparantly they are very big fans! Me, I usually lose at every type of gambling card game. Money, chips, peanuts, pop can tops, strip poker...

But that night I walked away with $75!!

Wooohooo

But no, not interested in playing again.

Anonymous said...

OK I've finally figured out that I can comment if I say I'm an "other." Blogger beta has forced me to post as "other." So not fair. I wanna switch back!

Anyway- I love the pics of the little man!!! And Angelina Jolie!! Lucky!!!