Friday, September 15, 2006

The Best Part of Fall...

Writing Collabo number 8, I have not done numbers 3-7, I'm a bad person.
But I want to take my mind off everything here...

The best part of Fall has got to be the fresh air. Here in New England it usually goes from stifling hot to freezing cold in about a week, we have two seasons: Summer and Winter. During the transition we get some good fresh air, a nice breeze that comes through and it just feels good. I love stepping outside during this time because after being couped up in an office all day-or at home on the weekends cleaning- that fresh air can be so liberating, so alleviating. I used to love taking pictures- well, I still do but now the photos usually consist of my son- and I used to drive down Route 95 into the country to take pictures of the changing colors in the trees. Have you ever driven down the highway full of trees and just looked to the side at how beautiful they all look with their contrasting colors? People would think I was crazy to stop my car in the middle of the afternoon just to get out and capture the moment. I've gone to the park to photogaph the same lake with it's surrounding trees at different times of the year, and I've always liked the way it looks in the fall. There are still children paying, there are still ducks on the water, and the trees in the backround working their photogenic magic with their colors and dances.
That's all I have.
Go take a look at the rest of the Crazy Hip Blog Mamas that participated, you might find another blog to love.

1 comment:

fivetimemom said...

Without a doubt fall is the most beautiful season of all.....Your post was so graphic I could just see the tree lined highway in my mind...