Monday, August 07, 2006

Some people are just ridiculous.

I have to tell you guys about my weekend, complete with pictures from Saturday, but Sunday will come first.
There was a festival in our town this weekend, but we only went yesterday because we had gone to (more) races in New Hampshire on Saturday. My cousin from back home was visiting and we didn't want him to be bored so we went to the festival. There were many food trucks that made sandwiches and had a bunch of greay messy foods for sale, so obviously that area was crowded. And of course, that's where we stood for a while. Little Man was in his stroller, happily eating a ham and cheese sandwich watching all the people walk by. Daddy and I saw a lot of people we knew in high school, most of them surprised to see me and Daddy together, married, with Little Man. (Did I ever mention Daddy and I didn't even know eachother in high school? I was quiet and studious and he, well, wasn't. One day I will have to tell you how we met.) So there was this couple, that also got together after high scholl standing there chatting with us when a group of girls passes by. Girls. They couldn't have been more than 16. One bumps into another girl standing a few feet away from us and apparently didn't say "excuse me" because the bumpee said something along the lines of the bumper being rude. The bumper heard her and turned around and started screaming at the bumpee. My cousin's eyes widened and he grabbed the stroller and walked over to the left where there weren't so many people standing. Daddy grabs me and moves me over as well. The two little girls are standing there screaming at eachother, we were expecting them to break out the boxing gloves any second. All I could think was how ridiculous they looked and how much they were embarrasing themselves to no end. Eventually it settled down with no one getting hurt, but it's the fact that it even escalated to almost becoming a fist fight...
All I can do is shake my head. I hope I never looked like that when I was younger...
Oh! And don't even get me started on the clothes people were wearing... Kristen, I wish you could have seen how many chicks were wearing the spandex under the short skirts, and some were even wearing them under short-shorts! I couldn't get any photos because my stupid phone died and I didn't have anything else with me! Oh the horror of this fashion!

3 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

Now I totally want to hear the story of how you met...

Mama of 2 said...

I love to people watch at events like you mentioned. It amazes me sometimes how people can dare walk out of their homes in some of the outfits I see. I always have to wonder if they even own a mirror.

As for the teens....let us just hope that when it comes time for our little ones to be that age they will know better.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Teenagers!!

Even more of a reason for them to stay off my lawn...!!